Monday, November 29, 2010


Rose, Trevor and I had a wonderful, long relaxing Thanksgiving weekend with Roger and Kathy at the Livingston family beach house. Work, emails and computers were left at home and replaced with lots of eating, football watching and scrabble. As Thanksgiving should be.

On Wednesday morning, Rose woke with a high fever over 103 degrees. Luckily, I was able to get her in to see the Doctor before we left town. She had another ear infection, in the right ear this time. I picked up her antibiotics as soon as I could and started her treatment that morning. This time she seemed to like the taste of the pink, gooey amoxicillin (a huge relief to her mother who is charged with administering 7.5 ml of the stuff twice a day). She slept most of the way out to the beach house and got hotter and hotter as we drove, increasing my worry instinct with each passing hour. But the drugs kicked in and her fever was gone by the morning. In its place were green boogers and eye crusties. But these cleared up within a day and she was able to enjoy most of the weekend. And put on quite a show for the easily entertained adults.   

We arrived at the beach house Wednesday night after a long, sometimes treacherous, drive through the white and drifted snow. Thursday morning we woke to snow on the ground and by breakfast big flakes were falling all around. Such a quiet, pretty sight.

Trevor and Roger spent most of Thursday trudging through the snow, up and down the hill, around and around the yard, trying to set up the Dish that Roger brought from Oregon. By dinner, there was still snow on the ground and on the TV. But on Friday, with a little help from a Dish expert, we were watching all the big college games and relaxing by the fire.

While the men were out stomping around, Rose worked on her crawling, reading and ga ga gaaing.

(Check out those teeth!)

Trevor spent some of the weekend teaching Rose to play ball. Whether she knows it or not, when Trevor rolls the ball to her, Rose sweeps her hand down and rolls it right back. It looks like an accident at first, but after she does it five times in a row, it begins to seem entirely intentional.

 Not to mention how proud she looks.

One of the best parts of the weekend, of course, was just getting to spend time together as a family for an extended period of time. Here are some pictures of us doing just that. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment